Designation: Advance Associate – Architecture
Experience: 6-7 Years
Jana Urban Space Foundation (Jana USP) is a Professional Services Social Enterprise (PSSE), delivering transformational, world-class work on the spatial dimension of cities. Jana USP’s work is focused primarily on PRACTICE – the execution of projects that deliver this transformational experience on-the-ground. Such practice work is carried out in three studios: Urban Planning; Urban Design; and Inclusive Architecture. Over the years, Jana USP has also taken up several policy and reforms initiatives, related to spatial aspects of Urban Planning and Urban Design of Indian cities, with a view to address many policy, institutional and operational bottlenecks in these areas. Jana USP is a not-for-profit entity.
Jana USP is part of the JANA Group – one of India’s best-known groups of social enterprises working towards the mission of fixing India’s cities. The group presently works across citizen participation and city governance reforms (through Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy), city planning and design (through Jana Urban Space Foundation), Municipal Consulting services (through Jana Urban Services for Transformation Pvt. Ltd.) banking and financial services for the urban poor (through Jana Small Finance Bank) and affordable housing for the urban poor (through Janaadhar). All of the institutions service issues requiring scale for urban transformation – improving cities, deepening citizenship, facilitating financial inclusion, providing affordable housing.
JanaUSP provides employees with more than career growth – it provides PURPOSE. Our staff has diverse backgrounds and competencies. What is common our passion to create world class cities and towns, and the belief that it can be done right here in India. Our team members are not only great at what they do, but sincere and dedicated to the cause of shaping vibrant cities.
We are looking for a highly passionate and competent individual to be based out of Bangalore to work on several of our architecture projects.
We offer a dynamic, driven and vibrant work environment for professionals who are passionate about investing their time, skill sets, and energy to transform quality of life in India’s cities. If interested, read the details provided below and reach out to us at email@example.com with your profile and “Advance Associate – Architecture” as the subject line.
- To work with the team– in creating reports, presentations, concept designs, working drawings and BOQs
- Active participation in design discussions with clear articulation of ideas.
- Preparing detailed drawings
- Writing reports, efficient documentation and organization of data
- Ability to read and review consultants drawings
- Interacting with clients, structural and MEP consultants and regular follow-up on work
- Regular site visits and coordination with site supervisor on progress of work
Qualification and Experience/Technical Expertise/Software Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Professional work experience of 6-7 years in the field of architecture
- Understands design requirements and has the ability to develop options for concept designs. Advanced understanding of design and drawing information and the ability to check and monitor drawing output. Continues to develop knowledge of drawing information through the progression of project work.
- Ability to refer the applicable documents/regulations to verify the compliance and applicable guidelines and norms.
- Good understanding of the construction process and different building elements and can competently understand the requirements of other disciplines. Knowledge of the clients, structural and MEP consultants, contractor’s/site engineers/supervisors role in the project and submission of deliverables on time to them.
- Good knowledge of construction materials and ability to develop BOQs and specification lists
- Independent ability to understand clients or site related revisions in a project and execute instructions and mark-ups efficiently without supervision. Ability to mark-up drawings to be addressed by juniors and check and monitor them.
- Assist team to work out hours estimate per drawing. Take minutes of set up meetings etc. Produces area/ accommodation schedules etc. Continues to develop knowledge in Project administration as project work continues
- Ability to assist seniors in the project process and notifies of any design requirements and highlight early risks and warnings. Assist seniors in preparing the feasibility studies, possible documentation works and technical presentations for possible projects.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, and/or other 3D/ rendering soft wares
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an aptitude for research
Jana Urban Space Foundation demands the highest technical competence and passion for change, from anybody who wants to join us. Apply if –
- You are an architect passionate about changing and shaping the cities we live in.
- You are capable of working across scales from master plans to the detail design of small elements.
- You are sensitive to context and local conditions.
- You are technically competent, hard-working, and reliable.
- You meet tough deadlines, are not daunted by challenges, and are innovative in your solutions
- A team-player always, respecting and collaborating with colleagues at all levels.